• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Multitask while using Navigator?

Timaphillips

Android Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2009
I used the navigation function in the "car home" app this weekend for the first time. The nav. worked great. Voice directions were clear and actually helpful for a change and the gps kept a lock on me. However, I had to make a call to tell my friend I was going to be a little late, only to find out after the call ended that navigation was lost. Luckily, I remembered the address and re-started navigation.

So two things, I suppose:

1) Can you easily recall previous destinations?
2) Is there a specific way to make/receive calls while using the app?
- I noticed if I use use the back button and go through the car app (contacts, voice search) I can get back and forth from nav. to phone pretty well. But it still doesn't seem right.

I haven't tried it while on a call yet, but if you press Home while in Navigation, you get a notification in the upper left that you can slide down to get back into Navigation. I know I was using other apps and Navigation kept running in the background. CDMA doesn't allow voice and data at the same time though, so I'm not sure if it will work or not while on a call.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones