1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

multitasking? launching app drawer?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by pulgoki, Aug 31, 2011.

1. pulgoki

pulgoki Member
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Is it necessary to use an app to launch an application that has not been launched recently ( able to access via long home press ) or is there another way to do it without installing an extra app for that functionality?

I looked at Smart Taskbar but it seems to have much more than I really want. I would just like to be able to launch any app with a current app already open.

I am using Cyanogenmod 7.

Advertisement

2. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    Check out the likes of swipepad, wave launcher, or quick desk

3. pulgoki

pulgoki Member
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    swipepad looks exactly like that I am looking for. Unfortunately I cant seem to get it to work. I install it and make sure that it is set to run and when I launch an application the little red bar never shows up so that I can swipe over and launch a new application. Im not sure if I am missing something :shrug: . It looks as if it should be pretty simple.

4. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    That's my preference too. Purchasing the plug-ins blows the roof off of what you're using now. :)

What you're missing is that the red line doesn't show up anywhere but with in the app. It's merely a visual indicator so you can see what section of your screen will act as the trigger. Assuming you pick the left hand side of the screen, touch the part where the left side of the screen meets the bezel, then drag your finger towards the middle of your screen (your starting point may very).

pulgoki likes this.
  5. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    I have used wave launcher and dock4droid. Haven't run into any problems with dock4droid

6. pulgoki

pulgoki Member
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    I figured out what the issue is. :) My phone cover is covering enough of the edge of my screen that I cant get my finger close enough to it to launch the thing. When I take the cover off it works great.

I moved the swipe area to the upper right corner and now it is working great!

Thanks!

dock4droid looks interesting also... I may look in to that at some point too. It looks like there are more apps that accomplish what I am looking for than I thought.

7. Lior

Lior Newbie
    None

Nov 24, 2009
    Founder and CEO of MobileMerit
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    Wave Launcher can be used in many different ways:
    1. The wave can hold up to 12 items. This can be a combination of apps + shortcuts + widgets + plugins + recent-apps.
    2. A folder can hold up to 10 items, which makes it the only add-on launcher that can hold up to 120 items.
    3. Any item can have a custom icon. Any picture from the gallery or SD card can work, in addition to ADW theme icons.
    4. You can have the wave show only 12 recently-used-apps. (Similar to long-pressing home, but shows 12 and not 8 apps, and accessible with swiping)
    5. Wave Launcher has a built-in app-drawer, that you can also access from within any app by adding it to the wave, or by long-pressing the gesture-area.
    6. It has outstanding widget support.
    Here's a demo video: Wave Launcher v1.8 - Widgets - YouTube

Custom Icons with Fluxed ADW Theme:
    [​IMG]

An example of an open-folder:
    (Folders open/close/navigation is also done by swiping alone!)
    [​IMG]

Get it here.