• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Multitasking question

Enrodreher

Mar 27, 2010
Hello guys I'm fixing to buy a nexus one but have a big question. If I'm browsing the web and a text message comes in I know I pull the bar down and answer the text but how do I go back to the browser. Is it like the iPhone where u have to hit the home button? And star again? Can someone explain the process In detail for me? Thank u so much

Reactions: taiwanesee
On my HTC Hero (I get my Nexus One tomorrow) I hold down the Home button and a list of running or recently used apps appears and I can just switch, sort of like alt-tab on windows. Normally though you can just use the back button as said above, but there's also this way to flip between apps. I'd have thought it's the same on the N1, I'll know tomorrow night I hope!

Upvote 0
On my HTC Hero (I get my Nexus One tomorrow) I hold down the Home button and a list of running or recently used apps appears and I can just switch, sort of like alt-tab on windows. Normally though you can just use the back button as said above, but there's also this way to flip between apps. I'd have thought it's the same on the N1, I'll know tomorrow night I hope!

Yes, it works that way on the N1. Don't waste your time hitting back repeatedly, folks; just hold down home.

Upvote 0

It is. You have the last 6 opened apps/functions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones