• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help music app issue

Hi there. I have a small issue with my HTC one. When im in the music app and select an artist, starting with 'p' say, and I press the back button or the button in the top left of the screen it immediately goes back to the top of my artist list. Very annoying!

Hi, I don't understand what you expect it to do. Have you selected/played a track of your artist 'p' ? If you have and then tap 'back', it should return to artist 'p' to select another track. Tap 'back' a second time it will go to the top of your artist list, which is what I would expect it to do.

If you haven't selected/played a track by artist 'p' tapping 'back' will return you to the top of the artist list, again, as I would expect it to do.

:)

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
I think what he is saying is that if you select a 'P' artist check out what albums are available then when you press back to go back to the list you are not in the 'P' position in the list but back at 'A' which I agree is very annoying

That's exactly what happens. Maybe I will try a new music app. Seems ridiculous that the stock app was set up this way.

Upvote 0
I think what he is saying is that if you select a 'P' artist check out what albums are available then when you press back to go back to the list you are not in the 'P' position in the list but back at 'A' which I agree is very annoying

:thinking: Forgive me for asking, but exactly why do you both find it so annoying? :thinking:

Upvote 0
(Hopefully this tactic is still featured in Sense 5)
When browsing a long list of Artists in Music or Contacts in People, you can try scrolling with 2 fingertips touching the screen and you may find that it will scroll quicker by first letter. You can jump down to 'P' in a simpler manner
There is also probably a small scoll bar on the right edge of the screen, if you are quick and accurate you may be able to grab that bar with a fingertip. For example in Messages, when you can grab the scroll bar, it will let you scroll a really long conversation thread by date. ;)

Upvote 0
well i usually just random play songs but just now i went into the stock app.
i browsed by song. went to the "p" section, tapped the song it then went to that song and played it. i then tapped the back arrow and i was right there at the song i started with. did not reset to the top.

i then went to browse by albums. sorted by album name. went to the "p" section, randomly picked an album in the "p" section. browsed it, backed out, and was still at the album. it did not reset to the top.

even pressing the top arrow does the same thing. it goes back to the album list and right at the exact spot i was at. :confused

what carrier are you guys on that has this issue and are you rooted by chance?

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
drum,

need to ask some questions:

are you rooted?
what carrier?
is the phone updated to the latest android OS?
how long have you had it? purchased new? used? refurb? third party? brand new from store?
did this just start happening out of the blue or has it always been this way?
did you install or uninstall something prior to this happening?

whatever this issue is, it maybe causing your other issue.

Upvote 0
When I'm listening to music and I want to pause I turn my phone on onto the lock screen and press pause. When I come back to play my music the player has vanished.

I've tried different music players but it does the same.

Does anyone else have this issue and is there a resolve?

Did you try scrolling down from the top of the screen? Has the music app stopped altogether or just not accessible from your home screen?

Upvote 0
On my HTC One M7 with Android 5.0.2, Sense 6.0 on Verizon, I am unable to load music files or ringtones that the Music App or system will access. I have tried loading files using HTC Sync Manager on a Mac and copied files using a PC and Linux to Music and Ringtone Folders. The files are on the phone, but the phone's apps do not see these files. When I try to browse to add a Ringtone to a contact, the only ones shown are the system defaults.
I have VLC player installed and I can navigate to the files through the directory browse, but the Audio listing is empty. It looks like Android is not updating the Music files database info when these files are added to the phone.
Has anyone else experienced this issue, and found the solution?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones