1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Music App Issues

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by nshaivitz, Jul 5, 2011.

1. nshaivitz

nshaivitz Lurker
    None

Jul 5, 2011
    I have a Droid X and I have all of my music on Itunes on my PC. I wanted a new phone that could also replace my ITouch. I have over 4000 songs in my Itunes and lot of them are concerts that I have traded for. To get the music onto my Droid X, I copied the music from Itunes (using the Root folders behind the scenes of Itunes) onto an SD Card and then put the SD card in my phone. I have no issues seeing the music or playing it on my phone, the only issues I have is that I can't get a music player to play the songs in track order; they play them in alphabetical order and when you are listening to concerts random order kind of defeats the purpose. I have tried doubletwist, which if you do a long touch on the album it plays it in track order most of the time, but if I pause a track and don't go back to it for sometime it losses its place. I have tried the default music player on the Droid as well as PowerAmp, Merididan, and Mort Player. Anyone else having the same issues or has a soluiton? Thanks

Advertisement

2. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    I haven't seen a player that DOESN'T play songs in track order. Are you sure the id3 tags are correct for the songs?

3. nshaivitz

nshaivitz Lurker
    None

Jul 5, 2011
    A lot of the albums when I import them into Itunes on my computer, Itunes doesn't recognize the tracks, so I have to manually enter in the names of each song, the album, track number, disc #, artist. Could this be the issue?

4. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    As long as the track number is correct on the tags, there should be no issue playing them in order.

5. michanjohns

michanjohns Guest
    None
    Are the files mp3 format?

6. nshaivitz

nshaivitz Lurker
    None

Jul 5, 2011
    The track numbers are all there and some might be in .flac, but most are probably MP3 or MP4. I know I'm not the only one having issues with this as I have seen other threads on here as well as on other message boards. For the most part, Doubletwist does work when you long press an album it plays it in track order, but I was just curious if anyone else had found a player where that is not required...