• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music App problem can someone who has used android for a while help?

dkotoric

Mar 22, 2010
OK guys I have an evo and just found a problem/bug whatever you want to call it but I have like 5 games installed and they all have some kind of sound clips which are stored in a gameloft folder. In that folder there are over a thousand sound clips for the games that I have downloaded. I also have a music folder with about 150 songs in there. My problem is now when I start my music apps it pics up all the sounds from the game loft folder. Is there any way that I can have my music app only look for music in the Music folder.

Thanks in advance.

Create a blank text file in the game folder named ".nomedia" (note the name starts with a period, and has no extension). Any folder (and any subfolders) that have this file in them will not be scanned by the Music app or the Photos app.

You will need to restart the phone or remount the sd card in order to cause the phone to do a new media scan in order to get the folders out of the media apps now that they are in.

Its not guaranteed to be bug free, but it seems to work fine for me.

Hit "thanks" if it helps.

Upvote 0
Create a blank text file in the game folder named ".nomedia" (note the name starts with a period, and has no extension). Any folder (and any subfolders) that have this file in them will not be scanned by the Music app or the Photos app.

You will need to restart the phone or remount the sd card in order to cause the phone to do a new media scan in order to get the folders out of the media apps now that they are in.

New to Android, and this is definitely a big help. Thank you !

Upvote 0

Hmm its not working for me, I must be doing something wrong, can someone post the blank file am I doing something wrong.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones