• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music Application starts when connected to bluetooth

Neuder

Lurker
May 27, 2010
New user....about 1 month. Have been using my Motorola Droid synced to Ford's Microsoft Sync for making phone calls (2010 F-150). Two problems I could use some advice on:
1. To answer an incoming call, I have to slide the "slider" on the lock screen of my phone. Is there a button i can push because this kind of defeats the handsfree feature???
2. Recently used the bluetooth audio to listen to an audiobook on a long drive. Worked very well. Now, whenever I have my phone in my truck, it automatically starts the Music App and begins playing some random selection. Is there a way to disable this feature? I tried using the wireless blutooth settings for MS Sync and disabling audio, but as soon as I got back into my truck, it connected and played again.
Thanks for an advice and my apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, I just can't find the answers!

I'm looking for a solution as well to the Music App automatically starting upon connection. I started using the ford sync for bluetooth media stream when listening to Audible books. It is unknown if the issue existed prior to installing the beta audible app.

Other people have indicated that Music or Pandora app automatically starts. I have both...issue occurs every time I connect with the Music app.

For phone calls, the number is displayed on sync and I can pick up using the button on the steering wheel column. Regardless if the phone is locked or not (HTC Hero). If I answer using the phone, it picks up in private mode using the phone.

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones