1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

music audio over bluetooth in car ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by frogger, Apr 20, 2012.

1. frogger

frogger Newbie

on my old desire when bluetooth was switched on and i searched for devices using my cars bluetooth (Audi A1 2011 model) it would find my phone and my audio player no problems at all.

when i search now for the htc one x it only finds my phone and not the audio player , i tried setting it up using the car app and my car bluetooth finds the audio player and then shows something about a pass key i enter yes and then it says i have to confirm the pass key on the bluetooth device the problem is in car mode the pop up to confirm and check key does not show on the phone ?

anyhelp on this will be appreciated as i like to listen to internet radio in the car

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. WifiMaxed

WifiMaxed Android Enthusiast

Usually the default passkey is 0000 or Sometime 9999. You will have to look in your HTC manual to verify.
    I also think since HTC has included so much functionality in the ONE X to be used with it's new BT adapter it might be making this difficult. (Could be way off base here) Maybe check-out this video and see if "might" be a way for you to go. Good luck and hope you get connected.
    MWC 2012_HTC One X Car Dock Demo (English) - YouTube

3. frogger

frogger Newbie

thanks for reply but i dont need a dock or one of them ugly looking things he put in the stereo. like i said my cars bluetooth finds the phone and audio player just i have no pop up screen on the phone to enter the passkey in when trying to connect to the audio player

4. NikkiC

NikkiC Well-Known Member

I have found this too. I have Bluetooth audio so I can talk hands free but can't seem to get the phone to find a connection. Any help would be appreciated.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

You will need to make the phone discoverable. By default the Bluetooth is on, but the phone is not discoverable until activated.
    Go to Settings>bluetooth. Then tap on the top line, which will be whatever your phone is called and it will change from only visible to paired devices to Visible to all nearby BT devices. This will time out, which you can change in the menu tab on that screen.

I had no problem setting mine up for the BT phone in my Mazda.

Think you may have got past this though. I'll leave it here for others though.
    I used to sometimes get a problem with my old HTC on BT compatability with other phones. Might be that. Try a reboot of the phone.

s.m.knipe likes this.
  6. frogger

frogger Newbie

@coney

i managed to get it working by using what you said about making it discoverable. i got it working that way earlier today and have only just got back from football to post my find

thanks anyway :)

7. NikkiC

NikkiC Well-Known Member

Thanks for that. Will give it a go in the next couple of days and let you know how I go. :)

8. Matthew1125

Matthew1125 Newbie

I read online somewhere that if you use your steering wheel buttons to connect, it works instead of using the buttons on the stereo. ...if your car has steering wheel bluetooth controls buttons. It happened to work in my car, though I have a HTC Desire.

Hopefully this helps and good luck!

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews