1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Music Autoplaying

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tomlewis727, Sep 9, 2010.

1. tomlewis727

tomlewis727 New Member

Sep 8, 2010

Whenever I finish using my headphones on the captivate and unplug them, the music player automatically starts up. It starts playing a random song from my playlist out through the external speaker, which is getting really annoying.

Also sometimes when I have my headphones plugged in, some sounds still play out the external speaker. Is there a setting I can setup to prevent this? Thanks!

Advertisement

2. AndroidForMe

AndroidForMe Active Member

Jul 22, 2010
    I would love to know this also...it is very annoying.

3. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye

Mar 6, 2010
    Male
    Travel and teaching for tech and automotive
    Riverside, CA
    I have the same issue with music starting back up when I unplug the head phones, but my backflip also does that, so I think it has to do with the headphone plug. As for the other sounds, chances are those are notifactions (text, mms and e-mail). Try turning the sound off for notifactions and see if that stops it.

4. Rardac

Rardac Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Boston area
    I've had this problem, too, but I don't think its related to the headphones. You'll notice that there's no Stop or Off button on the player. What I do when I'm done listening is go to the menu: Settings -> Applications -> Running Services, then find the CorePlayerService and stop it. This seems to prevent the player from starting randomly on its own.

5. tomlewis727

tomlewis727 New Member

Sep 8, 2010
    There is no CorePlayerService running.. still having the same problem.