1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Music Beta

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by atodman, Aug 4, 2011.

1. atodman

atodman Member
    None

Jun 11, 2010
    Lets just say i travel alot
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Has anyone gotten Music beta to work on the Hero? I have access to it but cant get the app to update on my phone. The forums say i need 2.2 and opengl 2. Im rooted and running cm7 rom. I dont know how to check the opengl though.

Any thoughts?

Im planning on upgrading my phone in a few months but not just yet and this is one thing i would to have working. I have it on my tablet and enjoy it.

Aaron

Advertisement

2. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Android Expert
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    Honolulu
    Hero isn't OpenGL - there is a script on XDA/ fix for this.
    If you find it...please post.

3. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert
    None

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    As MahaloCat said, the Sprint HTC Hero does not support OpenGL ES 2.0. It DOES support OpenGL ES 1.1. I am pretty sure there is a work around for this though. I wonder if the same build.prop edit that got the 3D maps to work in Google Maps on the AOSP Android 2.3 ROM would trick Google Music Beta to work, since that dealt with OpenGL ES 2.0 as well.

EDIT: Give this a try: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=924777 . This is what I was talking about above. It tricks apps into believing your handset supports OpenGL ES 2.0. Often times the apps do not even need the advanced APIs present in OpenGL ES 2.0, but they just need "think" you have support for it, which is why the 3D maps work in Google Maps when you do this build.prop edit.

MahaloCat likes this.
Tags: