1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Music Controls on Lock Screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by soulfetcher13, Mar 18, 2016.

1. soulfetcher13

soulfetcher13 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if there is a way to get music controls on the lock screen? If there is no way is there an app for that?

2. swerver32

swerver32 Android Enthusiast

Google music controls appear there, what app are you using?

3. Shimeon

Shimeon Newbie

I'm using Black Player. It's a pretty nice music player that also appears on lock screen as a notification with controls on it.

4. Lean23

Lean23 Member

In the phone settings go to lock screen and security. Then click on notifications on lock screen. You can then select which apps you want shown on the lock screen. I had to check mark the play music app to get the play/pause/skip controls to show on my lock screen. Not sure if your player is supported.

soulfetcher13 likes this.
  5. soulfetcher13

soulfetcher13 Well-Known Member

Lean23, thank you and thank you all for your help. Coming from iPhone, it's going to take me a while to get bad used to android.

Lean23 likes this.
  6. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Android Enthusiast

If you have your notifications set to show on your lock screen, then you will see the controls for you music players that put their controls in the notification area. I have AT&T and I see the Samsung music player controls, Google Music player controls, etc.

If you use something like PowerAmp (which I do), they have a screen that goes on top of your lock screen showing album arts, etc.

Snakeyeskm likes this.
  7. Bronxiniowa

Bronxiniowa Lurker

Play Music is grayed out on my Verizon S7 Edge -- is this from the carrier?

8. SamI777fix

SamI777fix Lurker

I know it's been a few months but I was having this problem with Amazon Music, and Samsung Music being grayed out on AT&T and saying blocked.

For Samsung Music, Go to Settings, Device, Applications, Music, Turn on "Control via lock screen"

For Amazon Music, Go to Settings, Application Manager, Amazon Music, Notifications, Turn on allow notifications.

For some reason after you do this once it allows you to control it in Settings, Notifications section like it is suppose to.

9. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Spotify user here and controls appear on tge lockscreen as well.

10. mikeyg00

mikeyg00 Newbie

I have a google play widget that shows up when i press home key once. i can pause and fast forward from there without unlocking the phone

11. Aladinvai

Aladinvai Lurker

I had this problem also - you have to turn on notifications for the app, and then *also* turn on notifications for that app for the lock screen.

Step 1 - Settings --> Notifications --> Turn on notifications for GPM (or other)

Step 2 - Settings --> Lock screen & Security --> Notifications on lock screen --> turn on notifications for GPM.

All done [​IMG]

Edit: The above is actually for a regular S7 and S7 Edge.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews