• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music Controls on Lock Screen

Unfortunately I'm on carrier AT&T and the lock screen icons do not function on my S7 edge. Any AT&T victims have any better luck?

If you have your notifications set to show on your lock screen, then you will see the controls for you music players that put their controls in the notification area. I have AT&T and I see the Samsung music player controls, Google Music player controls, etc.

If you use something like PowerAmp (which I do), they have a screen that goes on top of your lock screen showing album arts, etc.

Reactions: Snakeyeskm
Upvote 0
I know it's been a few months but I was having this problem with Amazon Music, and Samsung Music being grayed out on AT&T and saying blocked.

For Samsung Music, Go to Settings, Device, Applications, Music, Turn on "Control via lock screen"

For Amazon Music, Go to Settings, Application Manager, Amazon Music, Notifications, Turn on allow notifications.

For some reason after you do this once it allows you to control it in Settings, Notifications section like it is suppose to.

Upvote 0
I had this problem also - you have to turn on notifications for the app, and then *also* turn on notifications for that app for the lock screen.

Step 1 - Settings --> Notifications --> Turn on notifications for GPM (or other)

Step 2 - Settings --> Lock screen & Security --> Notifications on lock screen --> turn on notifications for GPM.

All done
smile.png

Edit: The above is actually for a regular S7 and S7 Edge.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones