• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music Default

Brynk

Nov 18, 2009
I see posts on how to clear defaults, but not on setting them
I have the stock Music app, but I'd like Meridian to be the default from the Multimedia Station?
Neither show as defaults under Manage Apps

Also, are there any music apps w/ a graphic equalizer?

Thanks, Barry

For some apps, you can go into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > tap on the application that is currently the default and tap on "Clear defaults". Then, the next time you open a file, you can just tap the "Use by default" check at the bottom of that window, then tap your new default app.

But as you probably already know, the stock "Music" app does NOT appear in the "Manage Applications" list. Argh! :(

But fear not, I think there's a way. :cool: Using ASTRO File manager (or your file explorer of choice), navigate to any audio file and long press on it. Select "Open As", select "Audio", and then you can check the box at the bottom and select "Meridian". Voil

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones