1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Music Default

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Brynk, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Brynk

Brynk Newbie

I see posts on how to clear defaults, but not on setting them
    I have the stock Music app, but I'd like Meridian to be the default from the Multimedia Station?
    Neither show as defaults under Manage Apps

Also, are there any music apps w/ a graphic equalizer?

Thanks, Barry

2. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

For some apps, you can go into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > tap on the application that is currently the default and tap on "Clear defaults". Then, the next time you open a file, you can just tap the "Use by default" check at the bottom of that window, then tap your new default app.

But as you probably already know, the stock "Music" app does NOT appear in the "Manage Applications" list. Argh! :(

But fear not, I think there's a way. :cool: Using ASTRO File manager (or your file explorer of choice), navigate to any audio file and long press on it. Select "Open As", select "Audio", and then you can check the box at the bottom and select "Meridian". Voil

3. Brynk

Brynk Newbie

That worked
    Thank you

I did find that you can see Music in manage apps by going in to Manage Apps and pressing Menu/Filter/All
    Thanks again, Barry

4. Brynk

Brynk Newbie

Well, it shows as default in Manage Apps, but Multimedia Station doesn't seem to notice

I tried a restart, with no luck

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews