• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music disappeared

busted bones

Android Enthusiast
Dec 19, 2010
So I finally switched to a 64 GB microSD from San Disk and my music disappeared. I noticed whenever I copied information on one SD card to another winamp would have more and more issues with finding music. It's still taking up space on the card, it's just not finding it. It also seems odd that this happens but no other media is affected as I can still see all my pictures and videos.

Strange issue, but I've seen some people mention it in other sub-forums. I have no issues using PowerAmp (still the best player on the market IMO).

Have you tried winamp pro? If so what makes you say PowerAmp is better than that? I like that I can wifi sync though winamp as it's the same music program I use on my laptop. It also has a equalizer like PowerAmp.

Upvote 0
Have you tried winamp pro? If so what makes you say PowerAmp is better than that? I like that I can wifi sync though winamp as it's the same music program I use on my laptop. It also has a equalizer like PowerAmp.

Never really needed to try the Pro version. I tried the free version, prior to testing PowerAmp. At that time, I liked the interface, widgets, and other functions of PowerAmp way better than Winamp (In the early stages, Winamp only had 1 widget that was pretty ugly and it didn't have the equalizer).

My main reason for sticking with PowerAmp was due to the equalizer (which, like I mentioned, wasn't available on Winamp before). It helps when playing my music in the car because it allows me to lower the gain of the music player, while still being able to keep the media volume up 100% (this way, navigation sound doesn't get drowned out...since, for whatever reason, navigation sound on the Photon doesn't stop the player from playing music). Overall, the look and feel of Poweramp just always felt better for my needs...and the widgets and downloadable skins are pretty awesome too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones