• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music does not appear in player until restart.

EightySix

Lurker
Dec 20, 2018
Just got around to putting music on my Note 8. I have a music downloader app. I also have Google Play, obviously, with some music on it. My issue is that songs I download do not appear in my Samsung Music player or in my music player app from the play store. They will appear in those apps, but only after I've restarted the phone. Anybody experience this? Too many issues with this phone. Apps you I can't delete, default apps I cannot change. It's almost like it's not really my phone! I won't get another Samsung phone when this one dies. Any tips appreciated!

the note 8 was a flagship device. sounds like some simple issues that can easily be resolved.

first some info is needed:

are you the only owner? where did you purchase?
what carrier?
i assume the phone is stock firmware?
is this your first android phone?
did you use any backup /restore tool to move data from an old android phone to this?

what is "music downloader app"?
how did you install your music? did you connect to a computer?

what is "music player from app store"? need actual name.

have you cleared the phones cache? what about the app cache of the particular apps?

in terms of apps,

some apps are in ROM and cant be removed. they can be disabled. some 3rd party apps (facebook) can be totally removed.

sad to hear you have issues but the note series is one of the best out there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones