1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Music from iTunes to Captivate

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xMTx, Jul 26, 2010.

1. xMTx

xMTx New Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Hi, I'm new to Android and am coming from an iPhone. I would love to put music on my phone and just use that as a music player, however all of my music is on iTunes. Is there any way or a program that can put music from iTunes on to the Captivate? Thank you for your time.

Advertisement

2. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    There is an app in the android app store called iSyncr, works like a charm. I got all of my iTunes purchased music onto my new captivate. Except a handful of them that where DRM protected.

3. Terry S

Terry S Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2010
    I use Doubletwist.. you install it on both your computer and your phone. Very easy to use.

4. ilusv

ilusv Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
  5. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    IT Admin
    USA
    I would imagine that anyone who has been using iTunes for a long time has a lot more than "a handful" that are DRM-protected.

My iPhone-owning friend his on her fourth "iPod" now, having started with the iPod Mini, and an iTunes collection going back several years.... well before Apple started offering DRM-free music.

6. xMTx

xMTx New Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Thanks for the replies but I want my DRM-protected music as well because it's actually quite a bit of songs. Is there anyway to get these on to the phone?

7. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    I have not been able to get any of the DRM music to tranfer over. Lucky for me it was only about 4 songs. I even tried burning then to CD as a music CD then ripping the CD to MP3 format, but still didnt work... damn you Apple!

8. Android_J

Android_J Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Silicon Valley
    Pay Apple an upgrade fee to get the non-DRM songs. Otherwise, you're stuck in Apple's walled garden.

9. xMTx

xMTx New Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Yeah I have about 35 songs that are protected, so I might just have to stick to using an iPod along side my Captivate.

Also, I have to go see how much the upgrade fee is.