1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Music headphones

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CharlesLewis, Aug 28, 2011.

1. CharlesLewis

CharlesLewis Android Enthusiast

Looking for headphones for my Droid X I can use to listen to music and audio books. I wonder which ones you would recommend?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

for audio books, I wouldn't think it would matter

however, you didn't mention what kind of music, how long you would be using them, the area that you will be using them, etc.

3. CharlesLewis

Type of music would vary from pop songs to classical. I would probably be using them for an hour or more at a time. The area would vary -- I listen to audio books while walking and to music while sitting in my living room. I carry small earbuds for times I might want to listen to something while out.

Thanks

4. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

Price range?

5. CharlesLewis

Less than $100 -- preferably around $50.

6. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

My concern is that no good audiophile headphones are in that range, IMO, especially for good classical reproduction.

CNET reviews are always helpful.

CharlesLewis likes this.
  7. JimmyRayBob

JimmyRayBob Android Enthusiast

CharlesLewis likes this.
  8. CharlesLewis

I'm not really an audiophile; I enjoy listening while doing other things. I often like "background" music while reading, for instance. I certainly need GOOD sound quality -- don't want distortion -- but comfort is my main concern. I now use a pair of $20 wired headphones that work for me, but I'd like to get rid of the wires.

Hadn't thought of CNET; I'll check that.

I've seen some headphones in my price range on Amazon, but I wasn't sure if all worked with the Droid X. I once had a bluetooth phone answerer (not the technical term, but you get the idea) for the car and it worked OK for phone calls but wouldn't play my music. I just wasn't (and probably still aren't) sure if all music headphones work with the Droid X.

Thanks much!

9. CharlesLewis

Thanks. I'll check them out. ("Pretty comfortable" is a bit concerning, though. I would love "real comfortable" or "you'd forget you even had them on" -- thought that last might be a stretch.

10. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

for BT headphones, I like my RocketFish ones from Best Buy.
    bass distorts (due to a bad speaker, I think) but the sound quality is fine
    I use them for the gym

11. PACAnesFan

PACAnesFan Well-Known Member

12. Trishcuit

Trishcuit Lurker

I recently bought the Sharper Image BT headphones and am very happy with them. They were $50 for the over the ear type, and they make an earbud model for $60. I love that you can answer phone calls with them, and hear the caller in both ears.

13. andrewscott

andrewscott Lurker

Hi charles ,

I have a bluetooth headset one of the little gadgets that some dorks wear in their ears all the time. However, I have found the bose headset to be AWESOME (Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset - Bose Headsets and Headphones). It provide the BEST sound quality . It's basically the same as carrying around your ipod with your earbuds in.... but only better as you can use it to talk on the phone as well.

14. STSinNYC

STSinNYC Lurker

I use Grado SR-60s with my Droid X, these are audiophile quality phones, well regarded in the industry, for under $100.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews