• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music issues........Samsung GS4

ike24

Lurker
Dec 9, 2013
short and simple...
lifetime itunes/iphone user until recently
33GB music library
Bought GS4 thinking I could expand memory to fit music library.
Bought 64GB micro card, and copied music library to it.

I thought this would "pin" the music to the phone for use offline, but apparently not.
I am completely confused with all the upload/downloads required to move music. I currently have all music copied in Google music manager and am trying to keep all music on SD Card in phone.
It appears as though it will only keep music on memory in phone and not SD card.
What am I missing, or not doing correct?

Im not an itunes or pc user but when i have moved music from pc to memory card, i just moved them on there (using a usb card reader), put them in a folder or folders then in the music player's settings, "told" it what folders to play music from.
Im guessing you have to point your music player app to the folders containing your music (in the app's settings) :thumbup:

Upvote 0
First, this really should be moved to the S4 forum.

Second, all I did was create a folder on the SD card called Amazonmp3, because that's the program I was using at the time and that's what the folder was called in device memory. I then moved the files there. I don't recall doing anything else, but maybe there was another step I've forgotten.

The Amazon, Google and stock music players all seem to recognize the files put there.

Upvote 0
short and simple...
lifetime itunes/iphone user until recently
33GB music library
Bought GS4 thinking I could expand memory to fit music library.
Bought 64GB micro card, and copied music library to it.

I thought this would "pin" the music to the phone for use offline, but apparently not.
I am completely confused with all the upload/downloads required to move music. I currently have all music copied in Google music manager and am trying to keep all music on SD Card in phone.
It appears as though it will only keep music on memory in phone and not SD card.
What am I missing, or not doing correct?

Update your Google music. Then go to settings and use "Keep on SD" option. It'll take a bit, but it will move it over to the SD card for you. I freed up 7GBs of internal storage space.

The update came out a few days ago.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones