• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music not payable even though it's on SD Card?!?!

Hi peeps.

I've only had my phone a month and I'm starting to hate it.

I've tried eveything to solve this and I'm now desparate for help. Basically my phone won't play half my music. I've tried syncing with HTC Sync, WMP, iSyncr...all sorts. Still get the same problem. It's not put all my songs from playlists on iTunes or WMP...it says some are unknown artists...and won't play them. I've checked the SD Card which has all the files there ready to play! All the files are MP3 so should be playable.

Can someone please help me as HTC support have been useless and left me on hold for 30 minutes!!

Thanks

Hi peeps.

I've tried eveything to solve this and I'm now desparate for help. Basically my phone won't play half my music. I've tried syncing with HTC Sync, WMP, iSyncr...all sorts. Still get the same problem. It's not put all my songs from playlists on iTunes or WMP...it says some are unknown artists...and won't play them. I've checked the SD Card which has all the files there ready to play! All the files are MP3 so should be playable.

Can someone please help me as HTC support have been useless and left me on hold for 30 minutes!!

Thanks

Haven't had an issue like this myself, but have you tried downloading a different music player from the market? This MAY sort the issue!

Upvote 0
Haven't had an issue like this myself, but have you tried downloading a different music player from the market? This MAY sort the issue!

Yeah I've got Winamp but it does the same with that. I think it may be conflicting issues with importing more than one playlist?? Because songs that are in my 'faves' playlist from one album are ok, but other songs from the same album that are in another playlist aren't working?? Thinking I may have to go about this the long way by putting all my music on and creating the playlist on the phone itself!

Grrrrrr HTC!

Upvote 0
Yeah I've got Winamp but it does the same with that. I think it may be conflicting issues with importing more than one playlist?? Because songs that are in my 'faves' playlist from one album are ok, but other songs from the same album that are in another playlist aren't working?? Thinking I may have to go about this the long way by putting all my music on and creating the playlist on the phone itself!

Grrrrrr HTC!

Ah, right... you may be right... you might have to put all songs on the phone and then do the playlist thing!

Upvote 0
Hi

This is a common issue that happens when you move music to the sdcard and I had the same problem.

Using fileexplorer or via your PC you need to find the ".nomedia" file in your music folder and delete it as it tells your stock music player (which the other music players use as a base) to ignore your music files.

This seems to sort it all out and hope it works for you.

Upvote 0
Hi

This is a common issue that happens when you move music to the sdcard and I had the same problem.

Using fileexplorer or via your PC you need to find the ".nomedia" file in your music folder and delete it as it tells your stock music player (which the other music players use as a base) to ignore your music files.

This seems to sort it all out and hope it works for you.

It sounds like good, expert advice, and I know far less than this, but it does seem sensible to install a file explorer to check that all your music files are present and correct. Along with many others, I rate and recommend ES File Explorer.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&feature=search_result

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi peeps.

Thanks

Use Dobuletwist to sync your iTunes library. The WMP stuff can just be dropped straight onto the SD Card.

Are your files tagged correctly? They may be named "Artist Name - Album - Track Name", but the HTC Music player won't recognise that (nor will most). There is information stored in the file called ID3 Tags which contain Album name, artist, song number etc. That's what music players use to compile your music by artist, album etc. When you look at your music in a folder on the PC, does it look like this -

AlbumInfo.png

Or do you just see the file name?

If you just see the file name, you'll probably find that tagging the music whilst on the PC correctly with a piece of software like MP3Tag.

The .nomedia thing is worth trying first though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones