• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music on the Evo

I use the Evo as my primary MP3 player and does great - but there are a few things I want to point out and/or ask:

Bluetooth control seems to work with both the Android app and HTC app, but will randomly control one music app if the other is playing. Not sure why. I'm guessing I have to disable or uninstall one. Any other music players work with bluetooth controls?

Is the HTC music app the only app with lockscreen controls?

The HTC app doesn't have good navigation. I prefer the Android app but point number one always comes up. Specifically, I can't find a way to go back to a certain artist from the song unless I go all the way back to 'artists'. So for this reason, I prefer the Android app - but there's no lockscreen control.

Also, any button hacks out there to use the Evo's few buttons for music control? Or even a wired control for use with headphones?

I can't answer most of your questions, but there is another music app with lockscreen controls. There is a music player named "3", as in cubed, or to the third power. If you search the market for "cubed", you should find it.

It actually changes the lockscreen, though, so you may or may not like it. It adds an "unlock" button to the bottom of the screen, rather than the swipe motion. It is worth noting that sometimes it gets a tad confused and the normal lockscreen appears, then goes black, then the 3 lockscreen comes up. It is still in beta, so there are a few kinks to be worked out, but I actually really like the interface on the player. It is very unique, yet easy to use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones