• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music Player and Phone Call Issues

Mr. Right

Aug 25, 2010
I just got new JVC earbuds with mic/control. My old ones just had a mic and everything worked OK (well, except for the loose headphone jack which appears to be standard for this phone).

Now, there are issues if I want to make a phone call with the headphones in (ie. hands free). If the headphones are already plugged in and I make a call, I can hear people on the other end, but they can't hear me. I believe this is because the Music Player is automatically launched and mutes the mic. Even if I have nothing in a playlist, and no audio files, this still happens.

Furthermore, if I make a call without headphones and then plug them in, the call is ended. I assume the Music Player launches and cuts off the call.

What a complete horrendous experience this Telyus/Motorola/Android experience has been. Delayed Android updates, crappy headphone jack, battery level issues and now this headphone problem. I CAN"T MAKE HANDS-FREE CALLS!!

I've had enough of this garbage - I'm getting an iPhone next. Too bad - I wanted to believe...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones