• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music player covering clock in lock screen

shermarama

Lurker
Aug 11, 2013
I've just got a Galaxy S4 Mini, upgrading from a Galaxy Ace, and I'm still working out the fine details of the new interface.

One of the differences is that the stock music player now has a lock screen widget. Handy! Except when it's showing, it replaces the lock screen clock. There's still the tiny one in the top corner, yes, but since I frequently use the lock screen clock for a quick time-check (that's what it's there for, isn't it?) I don't want to have to squint at a tiny clock instead just because I've got music playing.

So, is there a way to show both at once? I've got the option for multiple widgets on the lock screen ticked, and there don't seem to be any other relevant settings there or in the music player. From a quick look around I see there are apps like WidgetLocker that will solve this problem, but if I can do it using the existing system I'd prefer to.

This was the quickest way to access the music player on my old phone, so obviously I've considered that workable in the past, but there seem to be some advantages to having the widget - mainly visible artist/track names without having to swipe anything, so I can just pull it out of my pocket and have a quick look. Same sort of useful as having a big lock screen clock, in fact, so I'd like to have both. (Also, I don't know how to disable the music player widget either.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones