1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Music Player driving me nuts!

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by radarnz, Jul 4, 2013.

1. radarnz

radarnz Lurker

I have recently purchased a 64gb SD card. I load the thing up with 10-20gb of music and then run the standard andriod music app and it only recognises 24 albums. I try and load more but it only changes the last album. It never goes over a 3gb allowance. I have tested the card with "h2test2w" and it clearly shows the card is over 55gb of storage. I have tried other music players and all only allow a maximum of 24 music albums. Please any suggestions. Its driving me mad!:thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Welcome to the forums radarnz. It could be your file structure. I have over 50 albums on my 8GB SD card on my S2 with jellybean. They all get recognized by any music player I use. I created a folder called Music on the card then copied over folders with the artists names and folders containing their albums in there. So it would be Music>Artist>Album. What's your file structure look like?

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

What phone do you have? I have over 300 albums and 3500 songs on my sd card and they all show up fine. And are you using the built in music player?

4. radarnz

radarnz Lurker

I have made a folder called "music". I have also tried other names, but same result. I will give your structure a go. Thanks for the response.

5. radarnz

radarnz Lurker

I have a Zopo C2 and currently using built in music player.

6. radarnz

radarnz Lurker

Whats even more bizarre is that a load more albums in an attempt to get over 30 albums and for some reason the albums do not appear on the player and when I re-connect usb to upload albums again the previous upload of albums has gone. Its like the phone is limiting the number of albums.

7. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Maybe the phone is not capable of supporting a 64GB card. Those kinds of sd cards have a different format than the 32GB and lower because of the storage size, they are xcsd, while the lower ones are hcsd if I remember correctly.

mikedt, argedion and ocnbrze like this.
  8. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I'm thinking the phone can't handle 64GB SD cards correctly. Many phones are 32GB maximum. Zopo is a little known Chinese make. The C2 might claim it can handle 64GB and it can probably see that capacity, but Zopo might not have tested it thoroughly.

There's another common issue with large capacity SD cards, there's a lot of fakes around, especially Sandisk and Sony. Sure the 64GB card itself is ok? You didn't buy it on Ebay? You can test if it's good or not with this app...
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...herflexdev.sdcardtester.SDCardTester&hl=zh_CN

Does it behave correctly and can see all the music with smaller capacity SD cards?

9. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

I cannot tell which Music Player the Zopo C2 is using from the screenshots on their website. What does the icon you tap on to open it look like?

10. radarnz

radarnz Lurker

Thanks to Mikedt I have worked out the card is fake! I will never buy from ebay again.
    Thanks everyone sorry i wasted your time.