• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music Player driving me nuts!

radarnz

Lurker
Jul 4, 2013
I have recently purchased a 64gb SD card. I load the thing up with 10-20gb of music and then run the standard andriod music app and it only recognises 24 albums. I try and load more but it only changes the last album. It never goes over a 3gb allowance. I have tested the card with "h2test2w" and it clearly shows the card is over 55gb of storage. I have tried other music players and all only allow a maximum of 24 music albums. Please any suggestions. Its driving me mad!:thinking:

Welcome to the forums radarnz. It could be your file structure. I have over 50 albums on my 8GB SD card on my S2 with jellybean. They all get recognized by any music player I use. I created a folder called Music on the card then copied over folders with the artists names and folders containing their albums in there. So it would be Music>Artist>Album. What's your file structure look like?

Upvote 0
Whats even more bizarre is that a load more albums in an attempt to get over 30 albums and for some reason the albums do not appear on the player and when I re-connect usb to upload albums again the previous upload of albums has gone. Its like the phone is limiting the number of albums.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking the phone can't handle 64GB SD cards correctly. Many phones are 32GB maximum. Zopo is a little known Chinese make. The C2 might claim it can handle 64GB and it can probably see that capacity, but Zopo might not have tested it thoroughly.

There's another common issue with large capacity SD cards, there's a lot of fakes around, especially Sandisk and Sony. Sure the 64GB card itself is ok? You didn't buy it on Ebay? You can test if it's good or not with this app...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...herflexdev.sdcardtester.SDCardTester&hl=zh_CN

Does it behave correctly and can see all the music with smaller capacity SD cards?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones