• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music Player Freaks when Adjust Headphones in Headphone Jack

datruth585

Feb 7, 2010
NYC
When listening to music via the music player through headphones, any movement of the headphone input in the headphone jack causes tracks to FF it seems. I.E., If you spin the cord while in the jack, or even if you just push it in farther to see if it is fully seated tracks will FF.

Not a showstopper, but I wanted to put this out there and see if anyone can reproduce this or is my phone just weird?

Thanks for the feedback

I've seen this quite a bit, though I was too stupid to relate it to inserting the jack. It happens to me when I connect my Eris to my sound system. Before I can set the phone down on the shelf, it starts playing at FF. I figured I was accidentally touching a button combo, but I could never figure out which one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones