1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support music player issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thisisjackbauer, Oct 22, 2010.

1. thisisjackbauer

thisisjackbauer New Member

Oct 22, 2010
    i just bought a droid x a week ago or so. i have downloaded a few songs on it through amazon mp3 and when i try to play the songs they say "sorry this player does not support this type of audio file" its the player that came with the phone. i really dont care about playing music on it, i just wanna use ring droid to make ringtones which worked a few days ago, but suddenly the file i had as my ringtone changed to some default ringer and the music file wont play and i get errors when i use ringdroid. i have searched but couldnt find anything if someone knows how to fix this or can direct me somewhere i would appreciate it. i have also tried moving files from my pc and those wont work either. i tried using the vcast verizon thing but it doesnt support windows 7 so it wouldnt let me install it.

Advertisement

2. NOVAdroid2151

NOVAdroid2151 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Northern, VA

Unfortunately, I cannot give you a direct answer, but I have realized that if I use my Music Player and then get out of it. when I go back into my Music Player, it will not let me play my songs (even the one I just listened too!)
    I've also noticed this with recorded videos i've recorded.

I fix this by holding the power button and doing a reboot. It sucks, but it works.

3. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Central NY
    Restarting the phone is a temporary fix for this. The only thing that fixed it for me was multiple cache wipes.

CHarlow likes this.
  4. kllrbs

kllrbs New Member

Oct 31, 2010
    just noticed that no ring maker works now. all file extensions are showing vmm, could of swore last week they were showing mp3 and I was still able to make ringers, now I can't make any with new file ending. anyone know if this was caused by verizon's update to vcast media?