1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Music Player/Lyrics Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bigross86, Jan 12, 2013.

1. bigross86

bigross86 Newbie
    None

Jan 12, 2013
    I've been looking for quite a while for some kind of app that would automatically download lyrics for my music library and store them locally, so I could see them using the stock Android Music Player whenever I wanted.

Alas, I couldn't find anything like that.

What I ended up doing was downloading LyricsTagger_X64 for Windows 7, copying all my songs to my laptop, downloading the lyrics, and then copying the songs back to my phone. I hoped that this meant I would now have the lyrics attached to the songs using the ID3 tags. However, when I tried accessing the lyrics using the stock Android Music Player, it kept telling me to "upgrade to lyrics plugin version 0.4"

I downloaded musiXmatch, which doesn't help at all. MusiXmatch just downloads the lyrics every single time I search for the lyrics, it doesn't store them locally and won't read the lyrics I've already got stored on the ID3 tags.

So now, I beseech you for help. What is this "Upgrade" garbage the Music Player is asking me to do, and is there any way at all I can get a normal music player that will also display the lyrics locally?

Advertisement

2. bigross86

bigross86 Newbie
    None

Jan 12, 2013
    Like I said in my original post, musiXmatch didn't do anything to help, and neither do the other two apps you mentioned. Music Player keeps giving me the same message

3. Jeepmaster

Jeepmaster Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 12, 2012
    Canada
    I use TTPod as my music player. It can download lyrics if it can find it on its server. Not exactly what you're asking, but might gave you an other option to play music with lyrics.