1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Music player recommendations please

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by edwardmlyte, Dec 29, 2010.

1. edwardmlyte

edwardmlyte Member

I know this is more down to personal taste but can someone recommend me a mp3 player that meets the following requirements:

*free
    *folder structure browsing
    *aesthetically pleasing simple large buttoned widget

I've been using mortplayer for a while, but I think it just looks a bit cheap and its slow to load up via the widget.

Advertisement

2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Extreme Android User

if you want a decent media player then you will have to pay for it.
    try the trial of poweramp for 2 weeks and youll understand exactly why

3. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

4. lutin

lutin Newbie

Another vote here for Poweramp. It's the only app I have ever bought.

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I've bought quite a few apps, but it's the only music player I've paid for (and I uninstalled the free ones shortly after I started using it, back when PowerAmp was only a beta).

6. SUroot

Same really. Even remove the stock one. No need for anything else. except last FM of course

7. Rastaman-FB

lol i was trying to buy it when it was in beta as it had a buy option and was gutted i couldnt lol
    he deserves the pennies.
    ive tried others since just to see if i was fooling myself but it seriously nothing compares.
    i like the fact its easy to edit the tags of the mp3 you are playing if you notice its wrong or something is missing. suddenly the correct album art pops up :p

8. rtb35

rtb35 Android Enthusiast

Winamp is good and if you use winamp on your computer you can stream your music to your phone.

9. LECTER

LECTER Android Expert

Another vote for Winamp.

It's free and gets the job done nicely!

Good widget too!

10. Jammy

Jammy Android Expert

I've been using Winamp for a while now, going to check out Poweramp though...

11. Well, i love both of the apps mentioned in this thread so far, ive used them quite a bit, but for what i need, try out 'music playerpro', It is absolutely fantastic for organising, customising (especially album art, artist pictures, etc)

Try it out

12. 1500cc

1500cc Member

Does Poweramp allow you to set up automatic playlists based on folders (which I believe is one of the OP's requirements)?

I use Astro Player Nova, for just that one reason: it creates playlists based on the folders you place the music into. No more hassle of adding tracks manually. Add new tracks, the playlists update automatically. Otherwise it's not a remarkable player, but gets the job done okay.

13. Rastaman-FB

if you mean it will create playlists based on the content of the folders then yes it does

14. spile

spile Android Enthusiast

I am happy with "Player" which unlike the stock app supports FLAC

15. Mikelarry85

Mikelarry85 Newbie

I edited my music that had wrong albums art and its still using the wrong one. is there something im missing

16. Rastaman-FB

qas said in other threads, you probably have folder.jpg or something in the folder that is over riding the files indevidual art
    ive set mine to download art but the prefer dowloaded album art is as default to no

Mikelarry85 likes this.
  17. 1208

1208 Member

Tried PowerAmp, was good but a battery sucker so switched to WinAmp and never looked back.

18. xbossx

xbossx Lurker

i use one called Cubed. its a tiny 3 raised up. (like 2^3) cubed. its free. its great. give it a try

19. StevenChap

StevenChap Well-Known Member

I use the leaked gingerbread version when ever my ipod runs out of battery but tbh I dont really use my phone for music, the battery just cant handle it in my opinion

20. Rastaman-FB

??

i find it the other way around personally
    odd, if you watch the cpu readings when power amp is running its not using any more than 254mhz

21. SUroot

Yeah poweramp barely makes a dent on my battery

22. thecharmed01

thecharmed01 Lurker

I fifth Winamp for the free WINapp! LOL

I just love it!

23. Uridium

Uridium Well-Known Member

Mixzing or musicmod for me...

Both have car mount friendly interfaces and play nicely with Google nav direction prompts (my only real reason for not using the stock player)

24. Jammy

Jammy Android Expert

Just tried PowerAmp.

Wow.

Will test battery out before buying though...

25. 1208

1208 Member

probably got better in recent updates then as its drained in its early use (for me), I find WinAmp just about right, plenty of listenting time to and from the Pub :D

Besides its Free which is the main thing for me, I dont see the point in paying for something when there is already an App equally as good for free! (OK PowerAmp has more features but you get my drift)

HTC Desire