1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Music player(s) starting on their own.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sad39, Sep 1, 2016.

1. sad39

sad39 Lurker
    None

Feb 24, 2012
    Male
    Florida
    My wife and I both just got the Galaxy S7 Edge (Verizon).
    Lately, it seems that the music players have a mind of their own. The other day, music just started playing on her phone. When I went to the menu to close apps, it showed no apps running. Yet, there I was, phone in hand, music playing. I think it was from one of her stations on SPotify or Pandora. The only way to make it stop was open a music app, and then close it.
    Yesterday, I was listening to a podcast (Tune In App) via bluetooth in my car.
    This morning, I got in my car... and suddenly, the bluetooth starts playing Halsey (which was the last Spotify album I had on a few days before). Again, the phone doesn't seem to think it is running an app.

I have either stumbled onto a feature that I am not aware of, there is a ghost telling me what to listen to, or the phone has a mind of it's own.

So, my question is... why is my phone auto-starting music? On an app that is not running?

Advertisement

2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    This used to be a fairly common problem in earlier versions of android.
    There was/ is a capability built into the system OS that allows events like automatic music playback when headphones are inserted etc. etc. Turning on Bluetooth could possibly be triggering one of your music apps to start playing, as the system assumes that you have inserted headphones.
    Confirm if this problem occurs when your Bluetooth is shut off in your Settings.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.