• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music Player Sorting Songs Alphabetically?

I have the Samsung Moment, and I've run into this problem with both the default Music app as well as MixZing. Haven't tried any others yet, though.

So, everything but about 3 (out of a few hundred, haha) songs is tagged properly and shows up under artist as one expects, sorts into the correct albums and all - but within albums the songs go alphabetically, rather than by track number.

Does anyone know how to make my songs actually show up in the correct album order instead of just alphabetical order? Kind of messes things up if you're trying to listen to a musical, hahaha.

Thanks for any advice!

Sadly, it is usually the default for many basic music players I have seen. What I did to get around the problem was go after a 3rd party player which doesn't default to that, and also can be set NOT to use meta-tags, so that tunes will play in the order they are in their folder. So far I am using MortPlayer, which has these options I wanted. It doesn't seem to have playlists, or any fancy graphics EQ or anything like that. It won't even let me load 2 consecutive folders full of music. But it does play my tunes without rearranging them, which is most important to me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones