• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music Player Sorting

Dewg

Sep 12, 2010
I put most of my MP3s on the Fascinate and the Music Player sorts them by song name. I'd prefer to sort them by filename. Is there a way to change the sorting? If not, is there any 3rd party music player that allows sorting by filename and sounds as good (or better) than the default Music Player?

Most music players are going to read the ID3 tag of the MP3 (Song name, artist, album, etc.) and sort that way. I'm not aware of a player that only read the file name. One solution, although a pain, is to use some desktop software to edit the ID3 tags so that they read the same as the file names. There are a variety out there that will do this although for what you want they would all probably have to be done manually.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones