• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music Player starts because of Ford Sync

ChristineO

Jul 18, 2010
I posted a while back about my stock music player randomly starting when my phone is locked or sleeping. I tried a few things that were suggested, but nothing helped. I have narrowed my problem down to this happening whenever I get into my truck - and that it has to do with the Ford Sync. I know others have had this problem as well.

I'm planning on rooting my phone. I'm wondering if rooting will solve this problem? Or has anyone found out how to get around this?

It is caused by sync. I have a focus with sync and it did the same thing, also, when i got out of the car sync would disconnect but the music player wouldn't stop. It would keep playing, but through the speaker on the phone instead. I would just turn off bluetooth if I didn't need to use the phone, or i would wait for it to start playing and pause it. I built a 2.1 ROM from source and it doesn't do anything like this, so maybe it's the music app that doesn't like sync.

Upvote 0
I'm planning on rooting my phone. I'm wondering if rooting will solve this problem? Or has anyone found out how to get around this?

My solution was to reset the Ford Sync in my C-Max Energi to the factory by doing a master reset.

This was driving me crazy. The phone worked and then it stopped playing. It was stuck on some artifact that it remembered.

I even rooted my phone, blew away the factory image, and installed CM10 on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The problem remained after re-installing.

The master reset on the Sync display in my C-Max immediately fixed the problem. I am happy that I can now play music from my phone again.

Given my experience, I bet that others with this issue who suspect the phone need to be suspecting the Sync.

Reactions: doogald
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones