• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music player stops working randomly

JaySay22

Lurker
Aug 13, 2013
I've been having an annoying and odd issue that happens regularly on my Sony Xperia SP phone. Every time I listen to music thorugh the stock Android player and I'm surfing the web through the browser at the same time, the music player will stop working. Not just pause but completely stop. The bar that appears on the top of the screen that shows the music player will be there and pressing the pause button will do nothing. I have to click on the app information label and force it to stop and then re-open it. I guess this is a problem with multitasking and it happens only when I'm on the browser while listening to music. I'll be glad to get any kind of recommendation on how to fix it.

Btw, I'm running jelly bean 4.1.2.

Are you serious?! -.-

Yes I am, I have not been able to replicate the issue here on two separate devices and as such I would advise following my advice. If this does not work it would be worth looking at running a repair to reload the firmware:

1. Download the PC Companion software from Download for PC - Sony Smartphones (UK)
and install it on your PC.
2. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
4. Phone Software Update.
5. Start.
6. Repair Phone
7. Continue
8. Accept data removal
9. Next
10. Wait for prepare
11. Select Phone
12. Follow the connection steps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones