1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Music Player - Volume Normalizing & EQ Issues [Help & Rec's Req]

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by zaggles, Sep 26, 2014.

1. zaggles

zaggles Lurker

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone had any app recommendations and/or suggested fixes for android music player apps.

Issue:
    I'm currently using the default music player, but have also tried PowerAmp and Rocket Player. In all of these players, the volume between tracks often seems to change drastically, and even within a track, there does not seem to be a normalization of volume.

Steps Taken:
    I'd tried using the Loudness/Volume Normalization and Replay Gain features in these apps, but it doesn't seem to really fix the problem at all.

Also, the EQ functionality of these apps leaves a little to be desired, at least in terms of using preset EQ balances.

Whenever I listened to music on Fruit Co's iPod and used the normalization feature, I never had issues with the drastic volume changes. The player also seemed to give a "fuller" sound than I've experienced with my phone (Galaxy S3 and now S5). Strangley enough, there was also a noticeable difference in sound between playback on an iPad vs. an iPod vs. laptop, with the iPod again having a much "fuller" sound. For what it's worth, I'm not completely imagining this difference, and have tried side-by-side playback using 320kbps files and mid-high end audio-technica studio monitor headphones. iPod was since stolen and I don't want to shell out the money for a new one when my phone should presumably work just as well.

Any recommendations on settings or others apps to try would be sincerely appreciated. Options are cool, but I'd really just like something that works without requiring tons of tweaking and adjusting. Thanks in advance for your help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download