• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music Player vs. Ringdroid for Creating Ringtones

darrinaltman

Oct 11, 2009
It seems like the Music Player saves the ringtone to internal memory while Ringdroid saves it to sd card. I created several thru Ringdroid and set for contact ringtones and they only worked occasionally. Most times I would get default ringtone. I removed them from sd card and created a few with Music Player and I dont see them on sd card but they do show up in the ringtones list. Hopefully they now work better being internal.

Does anyone know how I could delete a ringtone from internal memory?

Thnx!

Grab Astro file explorer and navigate to system/media/audio/ringtones. Not sure if the media player stores custom created ringtones there or not, but you can try. If they are not there and you know the filename, use Astro to search for it.

Edit: Actually, I think it might store them on the SD card here: \.ringtonetrimmer\ringtones

Upvote 0
Grab Astro file explorer and navigate to system/media/audio/ringtones. Not sure if the media player stores custom created ringtones there or not, but you can try. If they are not there and you know the filename, use Astro to search for it.

Edit: Actually, I think it might store them on the SD card here: \.ringtonetrimmer\ringtones

You are right - that is the sd card folder. I wonder why I cant see it when I mount sd card on my computer?? Thanks for help.

Upvote 0
You are right - that is the sd card folder. I wonder why I cant see it when I mount sd card on my computer?? Thanks for help.
That's because /sdcard on your Hero is where the SD card is mounted. When you connect your phone to the computer, it's again the SD card being mounted, so what you see in /sdcard on the phone gets mounted as for example E: drive on your PC.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones