• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

music player will not recognize some audio files on SD card

So I'm trying to figure out what is the issue with music being read from the sd card to the stock music player. Some files are found but not all. If I go to a file manager like astro they can be found and played. Other music players such as pro amp find the music as well. I just want to use stock player so is there a way to format the music file to be played on the stock player? Ive inspected the difference in the files that are being read and the ones that are not recognized and I can not find any difference. I can not comprehend why this is happening. Anyone have any insight on this?

Strange problem: My HTC LTEvo does not recognize music on my micro-SD card although 'ES File Explorer' can see the files. If I click "Music" the music does not appear. I rebooted the phone, still nothing. I unmounted card, remounted it and rebooted phone. Still nothing.

HELP!!! (Thanx for your assistance!)

Upvote 0
are you using the stock music player? if not which player? have you tried other players?

are you rooted?

you can mount the card and see the files?

install/uninstall any apps prior to this?

your sig says M8 but you are indeed talking about the htc evo LTE yes?

do you use this phone as a main phone? or just for a music player? just trying to understand how often you use it/access files since you are an M8 user.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones