• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music player wont read some music folders?

Well I set up a folder on the Galaxy's own drive called 'Music' then I had my separate artist folders there. Some MP3 and the others .wav...

But I moved them to my SD drive and still the built in player just doesn't want to know the folders containing .wav files even though I can play them if I access the folder directly via the file manager.

I think its strange that the phone's own player wont associate itself with .wav files.

Upvote 0
Any advances on this problem? Brand new Galaxy S2 and I cannot get some of my .wav files (guitar backing tracks) to be listed in a playlist. Workarounds are cumbersome, because if I put all the backing tracks in the same folder and try to play them, I cannot find a repeat function.

I use PowerAMP and make sure my .wav files are @ 44.1Khz in 16bit format.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones