1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Music Player

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Crazylady, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Crazylady

Crazylady Lurker

I needed to make changes to my music list so I removed all music from my phone and now when I put it back onto my phone my free music player does not locate the music. I tried a different player and it won't recognize the music either. Any suggestions???

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

are the files mp3 or different format? or were they downloaded from the music app? did you put the music in the right folder?

Dannydet and mikedt like this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Try using the phone's file manager app, and see if you can actually browse and locate the music files(MP3s, FLACs, etc) manually, They might be in a folder called /Music, or /Music/Albums, etc.

Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  4. Crazylady

Crazylady Lurker

Thanks for the help. I thought about the format being incorrect. but decided to try a different player (VLC) which I have used before and found it works fine with my WMA. I really didn't want to have to convert them all to mp3.

5. Crazylady

Crazylady Lurker

Sorry if this is a repeat - not sure what happened to my first one.

Anyway - I thought about the format but decided to try a different player (VLC) which I used before. It works fine with the WMA format. Glad I didn't have to convert everything to mp3.

Thanks for the responses ocnbrze and mikedt...

ocnbrze, mikedt and Dannydet like this.
  6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

FYI many Android devices and commerical media players don't support WMA(Windows Media Audio), because of having to pay IP licensing $$$$ to Micro$oft.

In addition to VLC, there's also Foobar2000(both FOSS) and that does play WMA no problems, This is the player I've been using for a long time now. https://www.foobar2000.org/download

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  7. Crazylady

Crazylady Lurker

Thanks mikedt I'll give Foobar a try also.

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Motorola One Fusion+ Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews