1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Music Player

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bobdurfob, Apr 15, 2011.

1. bobdurfob

bobdurfob Lurker
    None

Apr 13, 2011
    Hey guys, just got my Atrix a few days ago and I was wondering what's the best music player for the Atrix?

Also what's the best way to sync my music from my computer (pc with iTunes) with my Atrix?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. ROCer

ROCer Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 20, 2011
    Electrical Technician
    Upstate NY
    I just finish the trial version of PowerAmp. I have to say that I'm impressed with it. Even supports personal EQ settings. I plan on trying the PlayerPro trial and maybe others before making a decision on buying one. As far as free Music apps, WinAMP isn't bad at all. Just my opinion.

3. bobdurfob

bobdurfob Lurker
    None

Apr 13, 2011
    Thanks! Yeah I tried out WinAmp too. It's pretty good.

I have a situation though. I have tracks that the album is by a certain band, but there are individual "artists" who lead each song, so the album artist is one name but the actual artist for each song is different. Music players on the Atrix only recognize the artist, not the album artist so albums get split into like 3 or 4 and I can't play them in the order. Is there any way to fix that?

Again, thanks!

4. ROCer

ROCer Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 20, 2011
    Electrical Technician
    Upstate NY
    I had this problem in the past. I think the best way about it is to fix the ID3 Tags(MP3's Artist, song title, etc info). So you won't run into this problem on future phones,MP3 players. What I did was make the Artist & Album artist the same for all the songs on a particle album. Then added "(with John Smith)" onto that song title. TagScanner is an excellent and free program to use to change ID3 Tags.

After fixing all the MP3s on your computer, erase the MP3s on your phone/SD card, then reload your phone/SD Card with the corrected MP3.

5. FattyMcButter

FattyMcButter Lurker
    None

Apr 18, 2011
    I used to be a win amp fan - but it crashed constantly and was hard to navigate - am trying power amp with no problems so far :)

6. bobdurfob

bobdurfob Lurker
    None

Apr 13, 2011
    Thanks. Dangit I don't want to go through my library and do that.

7. ayoo456

ayoo456 Newbie
    None

Apr 18, 2011
    I'm trying playerpro. For me playerpro and poweramp are the best so far. Kinda liking playerpro ui better

8. W00MBA

W00MBA Newbie
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    I use winamp and have never had a problem with it.

9. soon_2b_evil

soon_2b_evil Lurker
    None

Apr 16, 2010
    Queen City, NC

ive had the same problem as well on both of my phones and could never figuer it out. All the songs would be out of order in the album and some of the Albums would be cut out to only the Song with the same album cover. actually just looking at it When i open the Albums there in Alphabetical order.

10. Chuckmo

Chuckmo Lurker
    None

I am dealing with this problem right now myself. Songs with a featured artist are broken out into their own album, for example. I understand the fix may be to edit the tags so that the album artist and song artist are the same, but that's hundreds of albums, so I don't like that idea much.

You also mention my other problem, which is that the phone lists all the songs in alphabetical order, not album order. Who wants that?? This one I don't even know how to fix, except to edit the title of every single song to include a number up front.

Any suggestions on ways to fix these issues that won't take weeks of work? ... Besides switching back to an iPhone, that is.

11. log1c

log1c Android Enthusiast
    None

May 12, 2011
    California Love
    I read that Winamp is pretty much like the stock one that comes with out phones