1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Music Player

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tntlassiter, Dec 9, 2013.

1. tntlassiter

tntlassiter Newbie

When I try to play music on my N3, it will randomly skip to the next song for no reason. It doesn't do it all the time but about 60% of the time. Is this a fault of the stock music player or something else?

Thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

You could be in shuffle mode. I havn't used the stock music player since it crapped out on me about 5 days into having my Note 3 so I honestly don't remember what the shuffle mode icon looks like or how to stop or initiate it. I've been using Power Amp Pro as my Music Player since then without any problems.

3. tntlassiter

tntlassiter Newbie

I appreciate the response but I'm not in any mode as far as I know. The skipping will happen at various times into the song. Sometimes right after it starts and other times when the song is half over it will just skip to the next song in my library. Not sure why?

4. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

If you didn't rip your tunes yourself it could be that the original author was having some issues with their system. I have run into free files online that were sloppily encoded. My personal files function flawlessly except when I've had scratches on my CDs. Now I rip them as soon as I get the CD avoiding that problem.

5. jetguat

jetguat Android Enthusiast

I suspect I know what the issue might be. There is the "Air view" "air gesture" modes on the N3. One of them. not sure where. Will advance or skip a song in the stock music app if your hand waves across the sensor. Example. in my car I plug the n3 into the car speakers. I hit play on the stock music app for a specific song, but then as I move my hand away from the phone.. the sensor notices and skips it.

here is a test. start a song in the stock music app and test if you semi-slowly move your hand across the face of the phone (note that you dont have to physically touch the phone for this to work.. hence the "air" component" and see if it skips. If it does.. consider if the skipping you experience occurs possibly when something passes across the face of the phone.

6. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

If you enable Air gesture it will skip to the next song with a simple swipe of your hand/finger across the screen.

Air view will allow you to do things without touching the screen.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews