• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music players just stop

Trom

Android Enthusiast
Aug 15, 2019
Since my phone (oneplus 7) did a system upgrade to Android 11 a month or two ago, I have noticed that any time I start a music player, it'll run for five or ten minutes, and then just stop, and it doesn't matter which player, this happens on Pi, VLC, and Simple Player, playing locally stored music files. The app doesn't crash, the music just stops, the play / pause button has reverted back to the stopped state. Has anyone else experienced this behavior?

Have you disabled Battery Optimization for the music players?

If that is not the solution, then maybe try pinning the app.
That should force it to stay in memory until you unpin it.

Settings
Security
Advanced
Screen pinning

Crap, nice catch, I did indeed optimize those apps just at the time of the system update trying to isolate an ill behaved app after the update, thanks!

Upvote 0
me I have the same problem with spotify! however is not every 10 minutes. it takes longer on samsung note 20. you think is the same or it could be virus?
there are no viruses on android. there is malware and adware and other weak exploits. i have never used any antivirus apps on my phone and have been fine, since day one. if it is only spotify, try wiping cache and data for spotify, uninstall it, then reinstall it.

if that does not work then try @puppykickr suggestion of disabling Battery Optimization.

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0
same problem with google music app
it is probably that you have not been updated as @Dannydet suggested. google music no longer exists. it is now youtube music. you might need to download and install that. i forget but i think there was a process to add your music from google music to youtube music. not sure how that works now.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
it is probably that you have not been updated as @Dannydet suggested. google music no longer exists. it is now youtube music. you might need to download and install that. i forget but i think there was a process to add your music from google music to youtube music. not sure how that works now.

I meant play music on android it is also called google play music

Upvote 0
there are no viruses on android. there is malware and adware and other weak exploits. i have never used any antivirus apps on my phone and have been fine, since day one. if it is only spotify, try wiping cache and data for spotify, uninstall it, then reinstall it.

if that does not work then try @puppykickr suggestion of disabling Battery Optimization.
ok, I disabled the battery optimisation and restarted it, because my phone is in greek and I don't know where to find the cache. lets see.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones