• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music Players

Didn't you say that you have always had this problem, even with a different device?

Yes, but I've never tried Tasker before just a few days ago. Look, I know that people here think I'm a nut, just not getting it. See reply below from the authors of the player that I prefer to use:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200330-070114.jpg
    Screenshot_20200330-070114.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0
Yes, but I've never tried Tasker before just a few days ago. Look, I know that people here think I'm a nut, just not getting it. See reply below from the authors of the player that I prefer to use:

Interesting reply.
Almost as interesting as the fact that the rest of us are not experiencing this.

Do you have the manual for your phone?
There may be a way to change a setting somewhere, or at least to validate what the above reply says.

https://www.manualslib.com

Upvote 0
Interesting reply.
Almost as interesting as the fact that the rest of us are not experiencing this.

Do you have the manual for your phone?
There may be a way to change a setting somewhere, or at least to validate what the above reply says.

https://www.manualslib.com

The Bluetooth settings offer the option of re-naming devices, turning on or off contact sharing, and playing audio. My car offers the added option of making phone calls. As far as no one else experiencing this, a Google search will provide many, many examples of this problem. That's where I learned why it did what it did, as re-iterated by the developers of Pi music player.

Upvote 0
The Bluetooth settings offer the option of re-naming devices, turning on or off contact sharing, and playing audio. My car offers the added option of making phone calls. As far as no one else experiencing this, a Google search will provide many, many examples of this problem. That's where I learned why it did what it did, as re-iterated by the developers of Pi music player.

I was referring to the fact that no one here, on this site, seems to have this issue.

What is more strange is the fact that you said it has happened on more than one device.

Were both devices made by the same manufacturer?

If so, I would look for something different the next time.
As for me, I like simple devices. ZTE has been very good in this respect, and even has many models ranging from very cheap on up to flagship style specs- without the flagship price.

I can see how this issue would be a problem, and I have to say that I am glad that my devices do not do such a thing.

Upvote 0
I do have an idea for you to try.
Is it possible that your music player is always in your recent apps?

Perhaps clearing your recent apps would prevent the phone from automatically starting up the music player.

There has to be a way.
Can you imagine if someone put on bluetooth headphones and wanted to make a call, but music started playing first?
There would be thousands of complaints.

The square button on your navigation bar brings up your recent apps, and there appears a 'clear all' button.

Try that, and then connect to the speaker.

If t still happens, then I would try reversing my method of connection- ie. if I normally turn on the speaker, then connect the phone (or visa-versa), I would do the opposite and see what happens.

Finally, if nothing else works, there is another app for you to try.
Greenify.
It is a small little app that force stops apps when your screen goes off.
It can be used manually, automatically, or even both.

You choose what apps you want it to control, and when the screen goes off it force stops them.

There are many settings to adjust the function of the app, and I am quite familiar with the free version as I have used it for years.

There is a FOSS version as well, that gives the app control of the paid version of Greenify (the paid version of Greenify can control system apps as well) and this one may very well be what you need, as it would give you the ability to force stop whatever system app is causing the music player to start as soon as a connection is made to bluetooth.

I will post the links in another post as soon as I retrieve them.

Upvote 0

Well a Google search may tell you that the Earth is flat. And there's many examples of this on the Interwebs.

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0
OK!
Just realized something!
It is NOT your phone!

The reason that we here are not having this issue, is because we don't have your bluetooth SPEAKER!

Your speaker (and/or other device) is sending the autoplay signal to your phone.

So that sorts that out.

So, a different device for listening would be the fix for this issue.

Neither of the bluetooth speakers I have do this.
My ol'lady has a car that does, but that is fine because we only use my phone in her car to play music when we teavel during the summer- so it never bothered us- we actually kind of liked it really.

But I would absolutely hate it if it were to happen otherwise.

So my guess is that you may want to try Super FreezZ and try to figure out what system app is responding to your speaker when it sends the autoplay signal.

If that app is frozen when the signal comes, it may not respond and then you can enjoy.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
OK!
Just realized something!
It is NOT your phone!

The reason that we here are not having this issue, is because we don't have your bluetooth SPEAKER!

Your speaker (and/or other device) is sending the autoplay signal to your phone.

Bingo. I've actually worked out a solution, using the third party app, Tasker, one that had been suggested as a fix for other people experiencing this. Using Tasker to intercept the play command (which is completely unnecessary according to mikedt, but for some reason the developers included it anyway) along with turning off notifications on the music player prevents Android from calling the player. The receiver in question is controlled by a Raspberry Pi through the auxiliary input, but the car did it, too. It was always the notifications, and by default, all the players have them on.

Anyway, thanks for your help and patience.

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones