• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

JRob2k

Jul 28, 2010
what music players does everyone use and how do you sync them? i think i've got a pretty good set up with my mac.

I used to use the Double twist player with double twist installed on my mac to sync with iTunes. works pretty well, just wish it had landscape on the device. then i heard about WinAmp being on the android so i switched to that. better device playlist management, plus it still works with the double twist files so i can still sync with double twist on my mac.

I had been using the free version of Mixzing. I like the UI much better vs. the stock app and it has a couple of neat additional features. I was about to go pay version, but held off (see the next player :D ).

I recently started using WinAMP which has a ton of promise, especially the wireless sync with your desktop WinAMP. Again, clean UI, and I like the use of a pull-down to move between the playing track and the listing.

Finally, there's a beta product called PowerAMP that has a really slick UI design, but also offers a bunch of audio control (a nice EQ implementation). It's not being distributed through the normal channels (i.e., app market, appbrain).

As far as "syncing", I don't :) I just copy over my music from my various storage locations by mounting my device as a drive, or occasionally using BT or FTP (via WiFi). I guess I'm sort of ol' school, but I personally don't see any advantage with the sync model (even though I understand some people want things like play count meta data, etc.)

Upvote 0
I love MixZing......i started off using the free version then went ahead and paid for it. I love this one lol once you figure it out its very good, some settings I had to tweak for the equalizer and stuff so my songs would not skip. But other than that I am very happy with it.

I dont like DoubleTwist and with MixZing I can tell it where my music folder is this way it wont play everything in my phone. Also I was syncing before with itunes but now I have just been dragging and dropping. Much easier that way I find.

Upvote 0
I had been using the free version of Mixzing. I like the UI much better vs. the stock app and it has a couple of neat additional features. I was about to go pay version, but held off (see the next player :D ).

I recently started using WinAMP which has a ton of promise, especially the wireless sync with your desktop WinAMP. Again, clean UI, and I like the use of a pull-down to move between the playing track and the listing.

Finally, there's a beta product called PowerAMP that has a really slick UI design, but also offers a bunch of audio control (a nice EQ implementation). It's not being distributed through the normal channels (i.e., app market, appbrain).

As far as "syncing", I don't :) I just copy over my music from my various storage locations by mounting my device as a drive, or occasionally using BT or FTP (via WiFi). I guess I'm sort of ol' school, but I personally don't see any advantage with the sync model (even though I understand some people want things like play count meta data, etc.)

How do you make (or do you) playlists? Right on your phone? For me that is the big pain in rear - I like organizing my music on my computer.

Upvote 0
I used the default player and had issues with the first few seconds of some VBR MP3s cutting off, so I was excited to download Winamp from the Market as soon as it was available. I played the same albums in Winamp and I am sitll having the same problem with the VBR MP3s even though they play fine on my PC. :mad:

Upvote 0
I used the default player and had issues with the first few seconds of some VBR MP3s cutting off, so I was excited to download Winamp from the Market as soon as it was available. I played the same albums in Winamp and I am sitll having the same problem with the VBR MP3s even though they play fine on my PC. :mad:

Do you have your music on the internal card? Try moving it to an external SD card (Class 6).

That worked for me. :)

Upvote 0
Do you have your music on the internal card? Try moving it to an external SD card (Class 6).

That worked for me. :)

I do have it on the internal card, but I am interested in knowing more about your logic for moving it to the external card. Even if the internal card is a Class 2 (2 MBps minimum) that is still more than enough to transfer a 320 kbps of the highest quality mp3. Plus, this issue only seems to occur with some VBR mp3s, but I have not had any issues with my CBR mp3s.

Upvote 0
qrcode-bitlywinamp-android-l.png

Scan this with a barcode app, it will take you directly to the correct app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones