• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music Playlists Duplicating - Every Music Player

Camslam

Apr 1, 2010
I think this has to be a problem with the SD card and scanning it, but for some reason after syncing my phone, plugging it into the computer to charge, or even plugging it in to charge in the car, my music playlists seem to be duplicating all the time.

I have loaded my playlists using Doubletwist (Slower than hell freezing over), I have tried Doubletwist, Mixzing, Cube, and Zimly and all have shown some or all of the duplicates. I have had it with Mixzing because of this, but the others seem to be doing it as well, just not as much.

I have actually had up to 6 copies of the same playlist at one time. There is still only 1 music playlist that has songs in it, but there are 2, 3, or up to 6 copies for some reason. Another strange thing is the original actual playlist has each word starting with Capitals, but the copies are are small case. I've looked all over my SD card to see if I can find where these "phantom" playlists are stored, but I haven't found anything yet.

Any ideas from anyone?

Also, after that stupid Froyo update, my phone won't allow me to play anything from the SD card when it is plugged in. Yes, I have tried changing the setting from Charge only to all of the other 3 options at one time or another, but in my car, it refuses to allow access to the SD card when plugged in regardless of what I do or what setting I have changed.

Any ideas on that one?

P.S. - Not impressed with the Froyo update AT ALL! This morning my SD card decided to lose all of my videos that were on it (5 GB worth) and about 1/3 of my music. I have no idea where they went, but they are gone.

This phone was awesome in most every way until that stupid update, I wish I could go back to 2.1! My Pandora sucks now, my Multi-touch keyboard won't work anymore, I lost a whole bunch of files off my SD card as mentioned above, and I haven't noticed a single benefit other than my camera opens quicker now. LAME!!!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones