1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Music problem with downloaded files

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mr.DNA, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Mr.DNA

Mr.DNA Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    When I try to play mp3 files that I have downladed directly to my phone the default music player cannot seem to play them when other applications (like Browser) are running. Music simply quits when I switch to another open application. I do not have this problem with music I have manually transferred to the phone, and the only difference that I can identify between them is the location of the files: downloads on the internal sd and others on the external. Is there any reason why the file location should be an issue?

Advertisement

2. i suppose the browser might cache some info about it's downloads (identified by that specific folder) when it's started, causing the files to become unreadable by the music player (just a wild guess)

in any case, isn't the problem easily solved by moving the files to the external sd (or a different directory?) with any file manager?

3. Mr.DNA

Mr.DNA Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Agreed that moving the files should fix it. Unfortunately for some other reason I am unclear on I cannot seem to move the files from the download folder. I have tried using Ghost Commander and OI File Manager, and both report that they are unable to move those files.

4. briany

briany Active Member

Aug 25, 2009
    TX
    You have a computer cable for the phone, right? I would plug the Galaxy in to the computer and mount the SD card. You should then be able to view the files from your computer and move them to a different location.

5. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    UK
    if you are moving files dont you need root and busybox installed?

6. Mr.DNA

Mr.DNA Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Ugh, do I? I don't think I am ready to root the phone yet.

7. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    UK
    i think so but only if you are using a file manager installed on the phone to move/copy files though
    you dont need root for pc file move obviously