• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music Problem

Gillfish

Lurker
Apr 24, 2011
Ok, ever since i got this phone i've never been able to add music to it properly.

I have around 700 songs to add to a 16gb Kingston MicroSD card that i have.
I've given up with HTC Sync and all that jazz so im just doing Drag & Drop now.

The music takes some time getting on the card, normally takes like half hour every time. Ive restored my SD card about 20 times because of this issue.

I add the music using d&d and it just goes on fine when it appears on Removable Disk E: then i unplug it and the Music app searches for it, but either only just shows the artist beginning with A (or the furthest ive got was showing artists A to D) and then it just stops and has the rest of them in an <unknown> section where it wont play any of them songs. They appear on the card with the name of the song, but just wont play, it says 'invalid file type' or something along those lines. but they are all .mp3 and i find it weird how all of them are fine with artist names A to D and the rest are all invalid file types lol.

Id appreciate help greatly. Thankyou in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones