1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Music Saving Problems

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    I love music and loved how easy it was to put music on my old Iphone. That was the only reason I had my iphone for so long. But now I have Moto X and i am trying to get my music to work on the phone. I don't have album names of most of my songs. But the format that I had saved all my music on my computer is Music>Artist>Songs and when I put that into my phone it shows all the artists under albums not under artist. I tried re-saving them as Music>Album>Artist>Songs and that didn't change anything!!! I am very frustrated. I just want my music to show up in my phone properly, where the artist name is under the artist folder! PLEASE HELP! how do I save my music properly!!

Advertisement

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert
    None

Jan 11, 2013
    The vast majority of music players use the music file metadata for organisation, not the folder information.

If you look at the files in Windows Explorer and click the more information link at the bottom of the screen you should be able to view and amend the metadata - it sounds like the Artist details are missing from your files.

Alternatively, there are some metadata editors available on the Play Store. They're a bit limited in what they can do (most don't support changing the Genre, for example) but I would have thought most would support updating the artist information.

scary alien likes this.