1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Music Skipping on note 2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by triplen24, May 13, 2014.

1. triplen24

triplen24 Lurker
    None

Nov 19, 2012
    I have a note 2 actually just got it its the sgh I317 at&t and it runs android 4.3 Its not rooted or anything. I like it I came from an iphone 4s, the only problem I have with it is the music skips. No matter what music player I use wether it be google play music,the stock music player or any other music player it will skip cut out and distort at times. It does not do this all the time. Im waiting for the 4.4 to come out and hopefully it will fix it but who knows when that will be. I really dont want to go back to my iphone as its so small and the battery sucks compared to this one. I have a lot of the stock apps disabled like all the AT&T stuff and extra things. I hardly have anything running in the background only the necessities. I was also wondering why sometimes the signal isnt great. I use straight talk with the at&t sim card but in some areas it seems like the coverage isnt all that but my fiances iphone can be on full signal and mine only at 2 same service. and I wish there was a way to permanently turn on extra volume for calls instead of having to do it right there when your in the call. Thanks in advance for the help.

Advertisement

2. Barats

Barats Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Male
    I have had this issue at times, even going back to my Evo. Still have it from time to time on my Note 2, although not as frequently. Only real thing I have found to help is a simple restart and to clear the cache.

I run the PowerAmp music player by the way,

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

Happens to me sometimes, but I think in my case it's the headset. It doesn't happen in loudspeaker mode. Then again my headset is old (over a year old), so it may be breaking down already. Still haven't unpacked the Note 2 set, as the one I use is from my previous phone.

4. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    Some have said the "OK Google" hotword detection, in Google Now has caused issues with playing music. Try turning that off.

tube517 likes this.
  5. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Jun 7, 2010
    Male
    USA
    I have this issue also but my Note 2 is rooted. I just have to adjust my kernel's governor setting to fix the issue. I think the Google Now suggestion above is what I have seen in other forums.

andygu3 likes this.