1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Music skipping on playback (G2 Touch)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lemonjaffacake, Jan 20, 2010.

1. lemonjaffacake

lemonjaffacake New Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Hello all!

I have had my G2 Touch for nearly a month now and I am noticing that when listening to music in the music player there is a lot of skipping and stuttering. It seems to be worse with particular tracks. I also listen to spotify offline playlists which seem to be OK. Initially, I noticed the problem was worse when I had Last.fm scrobbling turned on...but now that and all data hungry apps are off (that I can think of) and still the bad playback. I am wondering if it is specific to my phone - in which case I am probably still able to get T-mobile to exchange it - or if others have this problem too.

Many thanks in advance,

R

Advertisement

2. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Software Developer
    Kent, UK
    Are you streaming th emusic off your SD card? It could be a probglem with that, do you know what class it is? Also, do you have another card that you could try?

3. jsp_1983

jsp_1983 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Bum
    Blackpool, UK
    I, too, have noticed this annoyance.

I also put it down to Last.fm scrobbling (couldn't find a way to stop it from doing it, either). Sometimes it skips, sometimes it doesn't.

I wouldn't have put it down to my SD card, though, which is class 4 -more than capable of reading MP3s with low compression rates.

4. Cropstar

Cropstar Member

Oct 29, 2009
    I have the same problem, regular stuttering at the start of tracks. Think it could be any number of things atm:

- Still running 1.5 as get an error when trying to install the PC software and can't update my G2 touch to 1.6
    - Use a Class 2 16gb card
    - Use AAC+ for all my music (more processor intensive than mp3 I presume as half the size)
    - Regularly web browsing whilst using the music player
    - Listen via bluetooth headphones
    - Have a lot of music on my phone, currently 280 or so albums and growing.

Tags: