• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music Starts Playing Randomly

Yeah.

Had this happen twice now. If I look at the Sense music player, it's not playing. Pandora isn't open. Nothing else is happening, just... music playing. Volume does nothing. Only way I could find to turn it off was by turning the phone off.

WTF?! :thinking:

I was sharing something on facebook and arab music started to play I'm really creeped out right now nothing music realted was open and my bluetooth was off and my gps was off I don't even own an arab music.

Upvote 0
Similar here, new ZTE Blade S6, bought it for my wife. It has happened 4 times and it is the same each time. Generally the phone has been idle for some time but it plays a Chevy big block water pump replacement tutorial. It sounds like it should be a video but the screen does not light up, there are no notifications and no media apps running. I have forced stopped most running apps and it keeps playing. I disabled wireless and mobile data and it continues to play to the end which would suggest it is in the phone somewhere.

Upvote 0
This has happened to my wife's Droid Turbo (still on KitKat) twice now. The first time it was charging and we heard an Australian guy talking about home repair. No notifications, no controls. Killed nearly all running apps but couldn't find the culprit. This morning (a week after the first time) she received a call and throughout & after the call this same voice was doing home repair, loudly. I killed all the apps, nothing. I put the phone in airplane mode, nothing, he kept right on talking. This tells me that it has to be something on the phone (like PDG46 said) but I can't seem to locate it. Oh, I ran Avast and it found nothing. This is a strange one.

This has happened to my wife's Droid Turbo (still on KitKat) twice now. The first time it was charging and we heard an Australian guy talking about home repair. No notifications, no controls. Killed nearly all running apps but couldn't find the culprit. This morning (a week after the first time) she received a call and throughout & after the call this same voice was doing home repair, loudly. I killed all the apps, nothing. I put the phone in airplane mode, nothing, he kept right on talking. This tells me that it has to be something on the phone (like PDG46 said) but I can't seem to locate it. Oh, I ran Avast and it found nothing. This is a strange one.
Just happened again. This time I put it in airplane mode and left it. After about 3 minutes he stopped talking. I think he said he's Video Joe but I missed it as it started talking. Once it stopped playing, I turned airplane mode off and it never started back up.

Upvote 0
I have the freaky experience where my phone starts talking at random. Happened 3 times now - the first two times it was a male's voice talking about driving in rainy conditions and what to do when the car starts swerving. The third time, today, It played the whole episode about a car repair. It drives me nuts, and needless to say the first time it did it, it made me feel very uneasy.

Upvote 0
Help! This is happening to me as well!

I have a Nexus 5 running Android M.

The only app I installed recently was Poweramp full and Musicmatch for lyrics.

The last few nights in the middle of the night some weird jingle music starts playing for about 10 seconds. It also happened twice just now, 3:30am and around 5:15am. I also think I might have heard someone speaking the other night, an ad like someone else mentioned.

Besides waking me up, this is freaking me out when I read about so many android apps having malware.

Upvote 0
I'm still having this problem and I haven't heard of a single resolution. It's started at 2am while I was sleeping, my phone across the room. No incoming messages, notifications, etc. Ringtone not set to custom music. No other music apps downloaded. Now we're on yet another software update and still persists. App is up to date and no malware or viruses. Has happened while mobile data on and data off, using only home WiFi. Anyone?

Upvote 0
This has been happening to me on my Galaxy S7 edge the past few days. Typically when it happens, I will be on a video call and music will just randomly start playing from either Play Music or Spotify. I bumped the headphone jack once and it started playing in the background of my call and I thought it was coming from the other end for a second.

Along the same lines, I will be listening to Spotify with my phone in my pocket and it will randomly stop playing music as well, while I am walking or even stationary.

I think that this may be a headphone jack issue, but I don't understand why it would prompt my phone to start playing music.

Upvote 0
I have a Galaxy S7 Edge. For some reason, I plug my earphones in and start going through DuoLingo on my phone and suddenly it starts playing music. Always a different song. If I unplug my headphones, it stops. Nothing else is running on the phone....so not sure what it is but it is driving me nuts. I do not have DoubleTwist. Any other ideas? None of the songs playing are anything I have every had so not sure where they are coming from....

Upvote 0
Yeah.
Also happening to me plus my camera turns on by itself as well.Could this be hackers or virus?

Had this happen twice now. If I look at the Sense music player, it's not playing. Pandora isn't open. Nothing else is happening, just... music playing. Volume does nothing. Only way I could find to turn it off was by turning the phone off.

WTF?! :thinking:

Upvote 0
Yeah.
<br>
<br> Had this happen twice now. If I look at the Sense music player, it's not playing. Pandora isn't open. Nothing else is happening, just... music playing. Volume does nothing. Only way I could find to turn it off was by turning the phone off.
<br>
<br> WTF?!

I had the same problem. My Tune in Radio app apparently started playing the last station I had it on automatically. I did not have it open. I went in and opened the last station I had on and hit pause and that stopped it.

Upvote 0
I just bought a Samsung J7 V and it has happened twice to me. Both times it was face down on a table, plugged into the charger. Once it was 5:45 am (what a rude awakening) and then at 11:30 pm. I think it is a poltergeist. It is playing a song that I don't ever remember hearing anywhere in my phone, certainly not one that I have set for anything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones