1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Music stopped playing on my android, including all ringtones.

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by katazap, Dec 8, 2014.

1. katazap

katazap Lurker
    None

Dec 8, 2014
    Female
    I can't seem to find a solution to this particular problem so far. I'm desperate, I have NO music, NO ringtones and just one or two default notification sounds. This happened yesterday, suddenly and I haven't installed any new apps to explain this behaviour.

I can't seem to play any kind of music file. I've tried the stock music player, Google Music Play and a couple random music players from the play store... and they all either crash and close or show me a "cannot play file message". I deleted all the music files (mp3) and tried with new files, I tried playing them from the SD card and from the internal memory and the result is the same.

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    What device you got, it sounds like something has gone badly wonky on it. Have you rebooted it, and try pulling the battery as well. Failing that might have to try a factory reset on it, but backup anything important first though, like photos and docs.

3. katazap

katazap Lurker
    None

Dec 8, 2014
    Female
    I have a samsung s4 mini GT-I9195. I tried restaring it many times, even on safe mode it doesn't seem to work. Now I realized I can still set new files as ringtones and alarms (at least!), the media player seem to be the problem. I tried erasing the cache and data of all I could think of and nothing changed.