• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music stopped playing on my android, including all ringtones.

katazap

Lurker
Dec 8, 2014
I can't seem to find a solution to this particular problem so far. I'm desperate, I have NO music, NO ringtones and just one or two default notification sounds. This happened yesterday, suddenly and I haven't installed any new apps to explain this behaviour.

I can't seem to play any kind of music file. I've tried the stock music player, Google Music Play and a couple random music players from the play store... and they all either crash and close or show me a "cannot play file message". I deleted all the music files (mp3) and tried with new files, I tried playing them from the SD card and from the internal memory and the result is the same.

I have a samsung s4 mini GT-I9195. I tried restaring it many times, even on safe mode it doesn't seem to work. Now I realized I can still set new files as ringtones and alarms (at least!), the media player seem to be the problem. I tried erasing the cache and data of all I could think of and nothing changed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones