1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Music stopping & 'media scanning'

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zevel6, Jun 23, 2011.

1. zevel6

zevel6 Lurker
    None

Jun 23, 2011
    Hi all,

I've had a Samsung Galaxy S2 for a couple of weeks and have had an issue with the music player. Every time when listening to music, tracks stop at random times, the phone goes blank and it says 'media scanning' at the top. This happens for 30 seconds or so before the phone seems to reset itself and i have to select the music again for the same issue to reoccur. It seems to occur for both information on the SD card and internal memory. Is this a common problem and is there some sort of fix and reason for this happening?

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. daz_2000

daz_2000 Android Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2011
    London, UK
    I believe its a known bug.

3. zevel6

zevel6 Lurker
    None

Jun 23, 2011
    Thanks for your reply. Is there any known fix? Would simply downloading a different music app fix this? Hopefully it's fixed on 2.3.4 whenever that is released!

4. macca__macca

macca__macca Newbie
    None

Jun 21, 2011
    I have a possibly related bug to this, and I think I've worked out the cause. Every time the network switches between 3G, H+, etc. the music will stop, requiring an headphone button press to restart it (which is unreliable at the best of times) or actually pressing the play button again on the app in the phone. SO ANNOYING. I came from an IPhone for this and I expected bugs like this to be non-existent. Also, getting music on and off this thing is a nightmare. Kies is super-buggy and often won't recognise the phone after plugging it in, so I have resorted to using Kies Air almost exclusively even though it's so slow to transfer data.

DoubleTwist is also a buggy mess. Honestly I don't know how Google have let this happen - they should put out their own iTunes competitor so people like me don't feel compelled to go back to iOS.

5. jo157

jo157 Newbie
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Hi I've had my phone for a couple of months and just started in the last week having this problem. It seems to be when i loose the network but this shouldn't happen as im suppose to flick between orange and t mobile. A tip on one of the other forums was to put the phone into flight mode which does seem to work

6. zevel6

zevel6 Lurker
    None

Jun 23, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback. Yes, this issue does seem to appear when I lose network (i.e. on the underground). Will try the flight mode and alternative music apps options for now.

7. xmjox

xmjox Well-Known Member
    None

Google Music is currently in beta stage in America which should hopefully solve some problems with music transferring.

I have never had this issue and use WinAMP with no problems whatsoever. Maybe it's just related to the stock music player?